Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oreo Truffles- Brittany Weber

1 16 oz. package of chocolate Oreo sandwich cookies
1  8 oz. box of cream cheese, softened
1 16-24 oz. bag of chocolate chips (chocolate or white- or both!)

-Crush Oreos in a food processor until they are a fine power. 
-Blend in cream cheese (I think I actually use 2 packages of cream cheese, but recipe calls for one). 
-Chill (I freeze) for a short while (15-30 minutes)
-Roll into small balls (maybe acorn to pingpong size?)
- Freeze again for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat up chocolate chips (I've heard dipping chocolate works a bit better, but chocolate chips are fine) 60 seconds, stir, 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth
- using a toothpick, (or fork) dip the frozen Oreo balls into the chocolate dip and set aside to harden.

I enjoy keeping these frozen and just letting them sit for a couple minutes before eating them- it keeps me from eating way too many, but you can refrigerate them when finished! 

(I don't have one of my own pictures yet, but you can google them and see how yummy they look!)


No comments:

Post a Comment